Thursday, September 17, 2015

Absolute Truth


Truth is absolute, whether or not we see it that way.
Ignore it at your own peril. Embrace it and live.

In the 21st century, it seems like everything is relative. It all depends...we say. That's your opinion...we say. I believe...we say.

I put before you a simple statement: we must know - and live - the truth, or in the end, we will have a sad awakening.


Here's a silly example that I hope will help me make my point.

If I look at a chair and say that it is a treadmill, is that OK? I could stand on the chair and move my feet up and down, racking up as many steps as I wanted. "See," I say, "it is a treadmill." If I believe that it is a treadmill, and use it as one, does that make me right? No. It makes me foolish, ignorant, uninformed, and possibly stubborn.

Would I not be better off to ask myself, "could this be a chair?"
Would I be hurting my self image and worth by admitting that I may have missed the truth?

When I read the gospels, I often ask myself, how the Pharisees could have been so blind. Couldn't they see that Jesus was the Messiah? Did they ever stop and ask themselves, "could Jesus be THE ONE spoken of by the prophets?"

I recently finished reading the book "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus" by Nabeel Qureshi. Born into a devout Muslim family, Nabeel found himself searching for the truth during his college years. That search eventually led him to the truth: Jesus is the Son of God and the only way to salvation.

Eventually, the truth will find us, whether we seek for it or not. 


Do you know the Truth? Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE." Seek the truth and you will find Him. Or, close your eyes and keep walking in ignorance. The choice is yours.

photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/69065182@N00/11435153375">Tell the Truth</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">(license)</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biker Church Testimonies

Hardened Bikers that Rode for the World Now Ride for Christ This YouTube video, published in June 2016 features powerful testimonies of se...